Wednesday 16 July 2014

Irkutsk / Bratsk Reservoir

On the first day after my arrival we did shopping and packed because on Friday we planed to go camping at Bratsk Reservoir.

The Brask Reservoir is located at the river Angara, to the northwest of the Lake Baikal, near the city Bratsk and it is the third largest reservoir in the world. The local population calls it the "Bratsk Sea", probably because of its dimension.

Shortly after 8 a.m. on Friday we left home and arrived at the reservoir at noontime. It took quite Long to pitch the large tent, because not all parts, that were in the package of the newly bought tent, belonged to this tent. We spent much time to discover this and after we cut some of the poles with a knife, we finally managed to pitch the tent. With the two smalller tents it took us much less time.




 

In the evening we had a barbecue and sat at campfire. The whole beach was full with people and more people were coming until late night. Loud music was coming from everywhere. When our neighbours became quite, at about 12 p.m., suddenly extremely loud music was turned on. You could hear it everywhere on the beach. As we found out on the following day, it was coming from a discothek on the fee-based beach, that took place on Fridays and Saturdays. In that night it was shut down at 3 a.m. Fortunately I had my earplugs with me and so I could sleep, although still disturbed.





 



On the following day the weather was not so nice. It was cloudy and cool. Despite that, my cousine Larissa and I went for a swim. A bit later a thunder storm began. Then Nadya, the girlfriend of my nephew, Larissa and I went to swim again. That was super. All People that were at the beach before were now hiding in tents and so the beach was empty. The water was warm, there were bigger waves and we had a lot of fun. When we were going back to our place, the people dressed in warm jackets and standing in front of their tents, looked at us surprised.





On Saturday night there was disco again, this time until 5 a.m.

On the last day we had sunshine but the wind was cold so that we hardly felt the sun. We spent the whole afternoon on the beach and I had a sunburn. Fortunately my cousine had a good cream at home, that is called "savior". It's used to treat burns, insect bites, black and blue marks etc. In my case it helped and I didn't feel the burn anymore on the next day. I need to buy a few tubes of this cream for my further travel.

 









On Sunday evening we went back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment